Battery life appears to still be an issue for iOS 7 and some of the default settings for the features of this OS could be the reason for this. Some things you can do to alleviate the power drain is to disable Background App Refresh, Parallax (pretty cool motion effect), and Automatic Downloads.
Turn off Background App Refresh:
- Go under "Settings" and "General"
- Look under "Background App Refresh" and adjust the slider
- Look in "Settings", "General" then "Accessibility"
- Find "Reduce Motion" and adjust the slider so it's on (green)
- Head to "iTunes & App Store" under "Settings"
- Adjust the "Updates" slider under "Automatic Downloads" to off
I'll be covering some tweaks you can do for Windows 8.1 next week, so stay tuned.